My personal struggles
This blog post is not eczema or skincare focused. Instead I have decided to blog about something different. Therefore, I will be talking about my feelings, emotions, weakness and actions to move forward.
Recently my blog, social media pages and online discussions have been quiet. I have had some personal and family issues; however an additional reason is my mind set and confidence.
Over the last year my mind has been in a battle field. The pandemic has not helped and I imagine a lot of people are going through similar mind battles. My faith has also not been the same as it was pre pandemic. There are times where I doubt myself and my beliefs.
One of my recent lowest points included crying hysterically as didn’t have the courage to apply for a job online. Also overeating fatty and sugary foods, procrastinating, not being open or reaching out, feeling bleak and uncertain about the future.
I feel like I have been in stuck inside a deep black whole. Now I have decided that I want to leave this black hole and push myself forward. I no longer want to allow my negative thoughts, emotions or past events prevent me from moving foward. Also I do not want this to stop me from achieving my other goals.
Steps I am taking to move forward
- Saying out loud positive affirmations daily. There are several different types of self-affirmations available on YouTube. The types of examples include self-love and gratitude.
- At the end of my day reflect, pray and write down what I am grateful for. This has made me feel better knowing that there are some positive things happening in my life. Also knowing that things could be worse.
- To regularly write in my journal about what is going on in my life to record and expressing feelings. This is helpful if I need to look back at a particular time to make comparisons to then and now.
- Becoming more organised in planning my spare time. Whether it is working on this blog, exercise, personal time for self-care, socialising or visiting family. I bought a weekly planner where I write down what I want to try and achieve each day. I have also included times for relaxation, self-care and socialising.
- I am not allowing negative and toxic people into my life. This is so that my confidence and self-esteem is not affected in any way. Also, I find that it is not easy to move forward or to be yourself being surrounded by these type of people.
- I am not allowing my past experiences and failures to dictate my future. I have been through many bad experiences that have put me down. Some of my failures still haunt me years later. I know that the longer they affect me, the more my future will be affected.
- I am investing in personal development by having coaching sessions. I have recently come across a qualified coach who I am talking to about goal setting and improving my confidence.
- I have set people in my life that I can be accountable. For example, I have a prayer partner who I speak to weekly. Secondly, I have a family member who I am accountable for my blog objectives. They are also accountable to me to launch their business.
To conclude I am not perfect, no one is. I have identified my flaws and I am trying my hardest to make things better. If I do not improve on self-development then I cannot offer the best service on this blog or discussion group. I wouldn’t be able to reach out to others and help them. Without personal action my vision for ‘deeper than eczema’ is unlikely to happen.
Therefore, please bear with me while I go through these steps. This is not an overnight process and I hope that you will all understand too. I believe that once I can conquer my weaknesses I will be able to offer a better service. Secondly once achieved my future vision will come true.
Perhaps you might be going through a similar situation and some of these steps may help you. If this is the case I hope that this will bless you in some way.
Stay blessed x